Tuesday, March 2, 2010

new/old basket makeover....







I love the old antique baskets, but find them alittle pricey....So I dug into my stash closet. I bet you all have one of those! And found your typical basket....Well I'm not a typical kinda person, so let me tell you how I grunge up this typical basket.....This is so funny....I took white glue mixed it with flour until thick and smooth. I smeared it all over the basket and then decoupaged tissue paper on the basket. Then I painted it grey(if I would've had spray paint it would have saved alot of time) Then used a dry-brush technique with white paint......Still not grungy enough so I applied a stain and......Now you have it NOT YOUR TYPICAL BASKET! I loved the way it turned out especially filled with dried hydrangeas. Have a blessed day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment